Today we’d like to take you to Canada for an intriguing case study and example of city branding at its best. Todd Babiak of Story Engine introduces us to the ‘Make Something in Edmonton‘ brand strategy for this entrepreneurial Canadian city.
This exemplary initiative was awarded for ‘Best Expression of Place Brand Identity ‘ at the 2016 City Nation Place Forum in London, UK.
- The problem which led to the award-winning place brand strategy;
- The traditional solution to city branding, and why it often fails;
- Which cities inspired Edmonton’s branding approach;
- How research helped distill the essence of Edmonton’s city brand;
- Impact: How an unconventional approach to city branding has influenced urban development and citizen behavior.
This case study is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased?” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.