Connecting the dots between place branding, public diplomacy and economic development is one of the five topics for researchers to explore in 2017. In this research insight and case study on the Hague Peace and Justice project in the Netherlands, Ingrid de Beer and Arthur van Buitenen illustrate how beneficial close cooperation can be for developing and communicating a city’s unique identity.
- What led to this city branding case study;
- The key findings from the study;
- Challenges of using city branding to promote peace and justice;
- What makes The Hague’s approach to city branding innovative and unique;
- Main insights gained from the project.