Today’s expert interview with Can Seng Ooi is the second time this year that we take you to Copenhagen, having previously interviewed Sebastian Zenker. From a place brand(ing) perspective, both Copenhagen and Denmark are intriguing cases due to their high recognition and regard internationally.
In this interview, Can Seng Ooi – Professor in International Business and Culture Industries at Copenhagen Business School and the director of the Center for Leisure and Culture Services – shares his thoughts on place branding both in Copenhagen and his native Singapore.
- The different perspectives on the relationship between culture and place branding;
- How place branding can help urban sustainability;
- Which paradoxes any place branding exercise must deal with;
- How Singapore has succeeded in increasing its profile;
- Whether place branding research and practice differ between Europe and Asia;
- The main challenges in place branding today.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.