As online portal with a global audience interested in the branding and reputation of places around the world, we take pride in bringing you stories and insights from different cultures and countries.
For this week’s expert interview we take you to Berlin, capital of Germany. Meet Christof Biggeleben, Head of Campaigning at Communications Agency Ketchum Pleon.
- How place brand campaigns are intense, full of adrenaline, and also an intellectual challenge;
- Why place branding is always campaigning;
- Why good storytelling is key for place branding;
- How politicians influence place branding work;
- The impact of major events, such as a World Cup, on nation branding;
- Which place branding campaigns he is most proud of;
- Germany’s current place brand and international image.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.
Latest posts by The Editorial Team (see all)
- Public Diplomacy Explained: What it Means and Why it Matters - 19 February 2017
- Interview: Jesper Falkheimer on Place Branding, Media and Strategic Communication - 16 February 2017
- Economic Development Explained: What it Means and Why it Matters - 14 February 2017