Conny Moonen of Connect Limburg, the organisation responsible for the place brand management of the Dutch region, in this interview offers insights into the work of a place brand organisation: the challenges and benefits. She also discusses the trends she observes regarding the branding of regions in Europe.
- Which regions serve Conny as sources of inspiration for her work at Connect Limburg;
- The main challenges of developing a regional brand positioning;
- The role of political and business leaders in place branding;
- How Connect Limburg measures the effectiveness of its brand management work;
- Trends in regional branding in Europe.
Conny, with a professional background in product management and business development, what got you interested in the branding of places?
Having been born in Limburg, I have a very strong connection with the region. And I am convinced that the Limburg is developing at an amazing speed. Therefore, in my opinion it is key that we “spread the word”. And indeed, with a professional background in branding and business development, this role is a perfect match for me.
Latest posts by The Editorial Team (see all)
- Interview with Helena Nordström on Place Branding in Sweden and Characteristics of Successful Place Brands - 14 December 2017
- Overtourism in European Cities: Study Reveals Root Causes, Consequences and Possible Solutions - 12 December 2017
- Interview with Isabella Falco on the Success Strategy Behind Brand Peru Country Branding - 7 December 2017