Ever since Philip Kotler in his interview with The Place Brand Observer mentioned smart cities as a key trend to watch in city branding and marketing, we’ve been wondering what this might look like. As the person in charge of new Smart & Resilient Cities website, Frank Cutitta knows a lot about the topic. In this interview, he explains us why smart cities are the future, who is leading the race and which are the main challenges for city managers and branders.
- How to define a smart or a resilient city;
- The challenges of developing a smart & resilient city;
- The current state of place branding in the U.S.;
- Five ingredients for developing a smart and resilient city brand;
- Trends in city branding and -marketing;
- 3 recommendations of books for those in charge of building smart and resilient cities.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.