Currently the Sustainability Director for MCI – the world’s largest events and associations management company, Barcelona-based Guy Bigwood shares his thoughts on how the meeting and event industry can begin to think about sustainability strategies and how it can support the brand positioning of places hosting meetings, incentives, conferences or expositions.
- How the global meetings and events industry impacts the environment in terms of resource consumption, waste and carbon;
- The main benefits of incorporating sustainability into meetings and events;
- How Al Gore influenced MCI’s commitment to sustainability;
- Key lessons learned as President of the Green Meeting Industry Council;
- The Global Destination Sustainability (GDS) Index program – its purpose and how it works;
- How sustainable MICE support the brand positioning and competitiveness of a destination.
This article is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.