City branding practice in Russia is one of the topics which we discuss in this interview with Irina Shafranskaya. Learn about current trends, priorities and how place branding links to city happiness and sustainable urban development.
- How strategic city branding can support happy cities;
- How place branding is practiced in Russia;
- City branding trends and challenges in Russia;
- How city branding relates to sustainable urban development;
- How to measure city branding success: good practice examples.
Irina, do you remember what first attracted your interest in place branding?
It all started with my interest in place marketing – in 2008 my native city launched the first communication campaign trying to change its image. There was a wide range of various events and initiatives, which promoted it as a new cultural capital. And I was wondering if it could be effective.
As an academic, I began to read on the topic, and step-by-step, together with my colleagues we started the first research. At that moment we tried to understand whether Cultural Capital branding was applicable to our city.
Latest posts by The Editorial Team (see all)
- Interview with Mariette du Toit-Helmbold on Destination Marketing Strategies, Travel Trends and Brand South Africa - 16 November 2017
- Top 5 City Branding Case Studies and Examples To Learn From: How They Do It - 10 November 2017
- Interview with Diane Edwards on Brand Jamaica, Country Branding and Investment Attraction Strategies - 9 November 2017