For today’s expert interview with International Economic Development Council President and CEO Jeff Finkle we take you to Washington D.C, capital of the USA – a country with a long history of specialized economic development professionals, working for cities, regions and states.
Economic development is a key component of and often the main motivation behind initiatives aimed at building a strong, competitive place brand. It is a balancing act between stimulating economic growth and sustainable development. In his interview, Jeff Finkle tells us how 21st century economic development professionals tackle this and other challenges.
- What economic development is all about;
- How place management and place branding relate to economic development;
- Whether economic development organizations are prepared for the ‘smart city’ challenge;
- How to measure the success (ROI) of economic development initiatives;
- 3 books every economic development professional should read.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.