Today’s place branding expert interview with Jeremy Hildreth is special in two ways: first, it didn’t require any editorial work and as such was a pleasure to read (which of course you’d expect from a world-class copywriter and part-time journalist). Second, because Jeremy has worked both with Wally Olins and Simon Anholt, he is in a unique position to tell us a bit about those two (place) branding “gurus”, and even shares some secrets and little known facts.
- The role Economics play in (place) branding work;
- What characterizes a great place brand consultant;
- The difference between tourism advertising and place branding;
- His key insights as senior consultant and head of place branding for Saffron Brand Consultants;
- Lessons he learned from working with Wally Olins and Simon Anholt;
- How to measure the effectiveness and success of place branding initiatives.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.