Building bridges across language barriers is part of The Place Brand Observer’s mission. Today we present you Jordi de San Eugenio Vela, place branding researcher and Professor at the Department of Communication at Universitat de Vic – University of Central Catalonia.
- The purpose of place branding;
- How long it usually takes to establish a city brand positioning;
- The main challenges in city branding;
- The importance of eccentric buildings and architecture for strong city brands;
- His favorite example of a place branding initiative done particularly well;
- How place branding can be used as a tool for the sustainable (tourism) development of a city, such as Barcelona.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.