Today’s interview with Jordi Xifra, Professor of Public Relations at the prestigious Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, is all about place reputation and the question why public diplomacy is crucial for the brand positioning of regions and stateless nations, such as Catalonia.
- Why strategic place communications is not the same as product communications;
- The role of sports events in nation building;
- What it takes to build a unique brand position of a place;
- Why there is a need for more research surrounding the reputation of places;
- The most common mistakes when trying to create or change the image of a place;
- His thoughts on Catalonia as a public diplomacy case study.
This article is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.