Colombia, as country is currently undergoing significant changes. 2017 marks the Renaissance of a nation which, after 50 years of armed conflict, is now eager to restore its image and reputation as a peaceful destination and a nation eager to contribute to the economic development of Latin America.
Learn about Brand Colombia’s challenges and opportunities in this interview with José Pablo Arango Calle of ProColombia, the organisation charged with overseeing the development of Marca País Colombia.
- The meaning of ‘brands’ and ‘branding’ in a country context, and how they differ from marketing;
- How ProColombia uses country branding to counter wide-held, outdated perceptions of an insecure, conflict-ridden country;
- How the organisation ProColombia works, and its main challenges;
- How place branding links with sustainable development;
- Why New Zealand and Peru are good practice examples in country branding;
- Five tips for country brand managers eager to ‘do it right’.