It doesn’t happen often that initiatives aimed at the brand positioning or marketing of cities, regions or countries survive not one or two different political administrations, but three and counting. Stockholm, the Capital of Scandinavia is such a rare case.
To learn more about this well performing marketing platform, we caught up with its author, Julian Stubbs, who in this interview reflects on city branding practice and upcoming opportunities, and summarizes the key findings presented in an article he published in the latest edition of academic journal ‘Place Branding & Public Diplomacy’.
- The surprisingly successful case of Stockholm’s brand positioning as The Capital of Scandinavia;
- How city regions start to collaborate and unite below a shared brand umbrella;
- How inter-regional and cross-border place branding is offering new opportunities;
- The key challenges of seeing a city branding and marketing campaign succeed;
- Why we are entering a new golden age of place branding.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.