From a country branding and reputation perspective, Latin America is a very interesting region to learn from. In this interview, Lina Maria Echeverri, director of the Country Brand Observatory (Marca País), shares her thoughts on place branding in South America and the reputation of Colombia.
- The country branding of Peru and Costa Rica as good practice examples;
- To what extent a country’s political environment and its business leadership influence the process of constructing a country brand;
- The main purpose and challenges of country brands in Latin America especially;
- The difference between public diplomacy and country branding in terms of purpose;
- The current state of country branding practice in Latin America.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.