In this interview with Statia Elliot, Director of the School of Hospitality, Food & Tourism Management at the University of Guelph in Canada, we discuss the evolution of destination marketing, DMOs and their convergence with the field of place branding.
- Current trends in destination marketing;
- Challenges in the development and management of destination brands;
- Place branding research priorities, from a tourism perspective;
- The role of place branding for DMOs, as part of their adaptation to new realities;
- The five most important ingredients for successful destination brands.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased?” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.