The Place Brand Observer is the living example of the old adage that together we can achieve more. Our Skills-Based Volunteering program offers you the opportunity to use your skills, strengthen your CV, connect with our international team, and to get to know The Observer inside out. Nurture your professional network, stand out from the crowd.
Join us on our mission to connect place brand thinkers, shakers and doers, and to promote best practice in the development, management and marketing of places.
Being part of The Place Brand Observer has been a valuable experience that exceeded my expectations, as it proved to be very educational. I have had the chance to have direct access to the latest place branding insights and strategies and got to know experts from the industry through interviews; a great way to gain experience and build my career.
Also, I was given the opportunity to produce content for the website and put in use my creativity, express my personal point of view and further develop my communication and organization skills. All in a professional and friendly environment.”
Jenny Panagiotidou, Assistant Editor (December 2015 – November 2016)
Why dedicate your time and energy to The Place Brand Observer? Here are a few benefits to consider:
- Put your skills to practice and benefit from feedback within a friendly team atmosphere
- Do something meaningful – be part of a project dedicated to making places stronger and better
- Connect with place brand enthusiasts from around the world
- Make your professional profile stand out when applying for your next job
- Benefit from being among the first to hear about latest insights and trends in place branding
- Show off your pro bono work with a reference – as printable document or on your LinkedIn profile – at the end of your term
- If you are a consultant, find new clients by being featured on our Team page
If you would like to join the team, please contact us. We look forward to hear who you are and how you’d like to get involved.
We are currently looking for:
- Associate Editor (part-time): native English speaker, with minimum 3 years of online editing experience, good knowledge of WordPress. Must be passionate about places.