Doug Lansky is a travel writer, speaker and performer whose keynotes on destination development and the future of DMOs are legendary. An avid traveler, Doug has made it a profession to look at both the pristine landscapes and wildlife, and the cramped parking lot from where you are photographing them. Just like his book ‘Travel, the Guide’, this interview is an eye opener for those in charge of managing and marketing destinations.
- The main changes in the tourism industry of late;
- Why destinations need to be on top of the sustainability game to remain competitive;
- Why destination marketing work should be measured by revenues, rather than number of visitors;
- The importance of reviews and why destination marketers need to focus on fixing problems and deliver on the brand promise, rather than promotion.
This article is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.
Latest posts by The Editorial Team (see all)
- Interview with Nikolaj Lubanski of Copenhagen Capacity on Talent Attraction: Strategies, Trends and Challenges - 27 April 2017
- Business Improvement Districts Explained: What BIDs Mean And Why They Matter - 25 April 2017
- Interview with José Pablo Arango Calle about Country Branding and Colombia - 20 April 2017