Finland made headlines last week with its innovative country branding idea of using emoji – small symbols representing its national identity. Coincidentally, our interview this week is with Teemu Moilanen, Finnish city and nation branding adviser and scholar.
Teemu recently featured in our place branding research insights series (in collaboration with academic journal Place Branding & Public Diplomacy). In this interview he tells us what got him interested in place branding, whether place branding research is on the right track and which challenges city branding and marketing professionals struggle most with.
- How his view on the branding of places has changed over the years;
- What nation branding is all about;
- The cornerstones of success in place branding;
- His thoughts on the current state of place branding research;
- His favorite examples for city- and nation branding;
- Which issues city and nation brand managers struggle most with;
- The nine major challenges faced in the city branding processes.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.