For today’s place branding expert interview we take you to the Canadian capital, Ottawa: Meet Nicolas Papadopoulos – Chancellor’s Professor of Marketing and International Business at the Sprott School of Business of Carlton University – among the first to conduct research on country image and country-of-origin effects.
- How “Country image” and “country branding“ are two sides of the same coin;
- How terminology such as “place” can sometimes be confusing and divisive;
- How his view on the practice of country branding has changed over the years;
- Why country image matters enormously regarding buyer behavior;
- Which country brand rankings he finds the most useful and trustworthy;
- The main challenges and opportunities for country branding research right now;
- Four books every place branding professional should read.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.