Attracting investment and business for the economic development of a city or region is a key motivation behind many place branding and marketing initiatives. In this interview, Ed Burghard reflects on his long career as marketer for Procter & Gamble and his more recent assignment as head of the place branding and economic development task force for the state of Ohio, USA.
He also reveals the top five ingredients for successful place branding, and how his Strengthening Brand America project supports the American Dream.
- What place marketing is about;
- What place branding is about;
- Which lessons learned in product and corporate branding can be reapplied in place branding;
- The five top ingredients for a successful place branding strategy;
- The biggest challenge for place branding work to succeed;
- The best way to measure the success of economic development and place branding initiatives;
- Advice to early career place branding professionals.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.