Today we take you to New York to hear from Andrew Levine, President and Chief Creative Officer at Development Counsellors International (DCI), a public relations and communications agency specialized in marketing places.
- The main difference between product brands and places;
- The top ingredients for a successful place marketing strategy;
- The difference between marketing and branding;
- The key to success in marketing;
- How to measure the success of economic development marketing initiatives;
- Andy's advice to early career place marketers.
Andy, your most memorable moment in 20 years of marketing places?
Working for the South African Tourism Board at the time when apartheid was coming to an end was an amazing experience. I remember being asked to write a small portion of a speech that Nelson Mandela was giving at the National Press Club. I was 34 at the time and that was pretty awesome.
Oops, it looks like you don't have access to the full story. To continue reading, please log in (if you already subscribed) or join the community by purchasing one of our subscription plans!