Welcome to the destination observatory, virtual research hub monitoring destination sustainability performance and reputation.
1. Destination profiles
Sustainability performance is the focus of our destination profiles: summaries of international studies, rankings and indices measuring sustainable tourism credentials of destinations. (Coming soon)
Destination profiles previously published**
- Destination Check: Current State of Tourism Sustainability in the Philippines
- Destination Check: Current State of Tourism Sustainability in Cyprus
- Destination Check: Current State of Tourism Sustainability in Australia
**Part of an earlier series, for which we invited tourism practitioners to share their thoughts on the sustainability performance of specific destinations. Here a list of all destinations featured as part of that series.
2. Trend watch: expert interviews
Destination managers, developers and marketers share their thoughts on latest trends and developments likely to affect the image, reputation and brand(ing) of destinations.
Latest interviews with destination managers and marketers:
- Interview with Mariette du Toit-Helmbold on Destination Marketing Strategies, Travel Trends and Brand South Africa
- Interview: Michael Persson Gripkow of Visit Sweden on Country Brands and Destination Marketing in the Digital Era
- Interview with Frans van der Avert on Amsterdam City Marketing and Destination Branding
Here a list of all interviews with destination leaders published so far.
3. Destination sustainability surveys
Leading tourism and sustainability professionals assess destination sustainability around the world. Meet the panel
Want to get involved?
Our observatories are supported by a growing team of independent, passionate research assistants and associates around the world. If you’d like to get involved (and benefit from a free subscription in exchange of your research support), please let us know!