Welcome to the destination observatory, virtual research hub monitoring destination sustainability performance and reputation.
1. Destination check
Join us as we explore destinations around the world to report about their strengths, challenges and opportunities.
When we talk about the reputation, quality and competitiveness of destinations, we really need to talk about sustainability, since only a destination which is developed and managed sustainably and responsibly can succeed in the long term. That’s why sustainability – environmental, socio-cultural and economic – is a key focus of our destination profiles.
Destinations featured so far:
2. Trend watch: expert interviews
Destination managers, developers and marketers discuss latest trends and developments likely to affect the image, reputation and brand(ing) of destinations.
Latest interviews with destination managers and marketers:
- Interview with Myriam Gómez of Marca Chile on Country Branding Strategies
- Interview with Mariette du Toit-Helmbold on Destination Marketing Strategies, Travel Trends and Brand South Africa
- Interview: Michael Persson Gripkow of Visit Sweden on Country Brands and Destination Marketing in the Digital Era
Here a list of all interviews with destination leaders published so far.
3. Destination sustainability panel
Leading tourism and sustainability professionals around the world share their views on trends, challenges and strategies. Meet the panel
Latest questions answered by the panel:
- Sustainability Performance: How Important For Destination Reputation?
- Destination Sustainability Performance: How Important For Competitiveness?
All panel sessions here.