Today we take you to New York to hear from Andrew Levine, President and Chief Creative Officer at Development Counsellors International (DCI), a public relations and communications agency specialized in marketing places.
- The main difference between product brands and places;
- The top ingredients for a successful place marketing strategy;
- The difference between marketing and branding;
- The key to success in marketing;
- How to measure the success of economic development marketing initiatives;
- Andy’s advice to early career place marketers.
Andy, your most memorable moment in 20 years of marketing places?
Working for the South African Tourism Board at the time when apartheid was coming to an end was an amazing experience. I remember being asked to write a small portion of a speech that Nelson Mandela was giving at the National Press Club. I was 34 at the time and that was pretty awesome.
Latest posts by The Editorial Team (see all)
- Interview with Lauren Millier on Economic Development and Urban Planning - 19 October 2017
- How Overtourism Affects Destination Reputation and Competitiveness: Issues, Strategies and Solutions - 17 October 2017
- Interview with Eduardo Oliveira on Place Branding and Strategic Spatial Planning - 12 October 2017