For this week’s interview we invite you to meet Michael Gehrisch, who shares his experience and thoughts on destination branding and destination marketing, and to reflect on his work as President of Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI).
- When Michael Gehrisch first got interested in destination marketing, and how his view of the topic has changed over the years;
- What destination marketing is all about;
- How destination marketing organizations (DMOs) are changing from destination promotion to stewardship and management;
- Whether destination branding plays a role in the U.S.;
- How DMAI is collaborating with its European counterpart, European Cities Marketing;
- His favorite destination branding and marketing books.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.