Very pleased to be able to bring you this interview with Brand Africa ‘guru’ Thebe Ikalafeng, who gives us an update on the current state of the branding and reputation of countries in Africa – and the continent as a whole.
Thebe’s interview is as much a talk of inspiration as it is a call for action. It is also a wake-up call aimed at those of us not living in Africa, to check whether our perceptions of Africa still match reality.
- The incredible volume of innovation happening across the content of Africa;
- The strongest and weakest points of Brand Africa, according to Thebe Ikalafeng;
- The biggest changes in Africa’s image abroad in recent years;
- How a country’s political leadership influences its Place Brand;
- How great brands have a catalytic impact on their societies and create a better way of life.
This article is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.