For today’s interview with nation branding and public diplomacy expert Dr Nancy Snow we take you to Japan, a country with a rich history, culture and cuisine. Professor Snow offers intriguing insights into the Japanese society, its lack of nation brand storytellers and the opportunities – and challenges – of the 2020 Summer Olympics taking place in Tokyo.
- The effect of politics on nation branding;
- What it takes for nation branding to be successful;
- The role of storytelling in building nation brands;
- Five tips how nation branders can “do it right”;
- The brand image and perceptions of Japan.
This article is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.