You are looking for someone who can give a keynote or lead a workshop or seminar on strengthening the identity of your community, bringing stakeholders together around a common vision, or sharpening your place profile for potential investors, visitors, talent?
We recommend the following consultants specialized in topics such as place branding, economic development, marketing, public diplomacy, placemaking, talent attraction, sustainability and tourism.
Please contact us if you are looking for a speaker with a specific set of skills or expertise.
“The Place Brand Observer has been very helpful in matching events and speaking opportunities to my profile. I am grateful for the appropriate mediation, because I feel that I have been able to enrich events as a result of the fact that my expertise provided added value, thanks also to the suitable search and selection processes conducted by Florian.”
Sydney (Australia) | Place branding, Place VisioningTM, storytelling, future trends, regional development and regeneration, talent attraction, creativity and innovation, profitable placemaking.
Andrew offers keynote speeches, masterclasses, panel moderation and workshops.
Portland (Oregon, USA)
- Simplifying place branding for small cities and regions in the USA, Canada and Australia
- Addressing tourism challenges for small cities and regions
Bill is available for brand retreats, workshops, seminars, and keynote addresses.
Vancouver (Canada) | A member of the Urban Land Institute Recreational Development Council, a member of the Project for Public Spaces Leadership Council, and an adjunct instructor in Placemaking at New York University.
Chris frequently speaks on tourism, real estate and economic development trends to organizations such as Destinations International, the Urban Land Institute, CEOs for Cities, International Downtowns Association, European Cities Marketing, Institute of Place Management and numerous city, state and national tourism conferences.
St Gallen, Switzerland | Speaks about:
- Place brand leaders: who they are and how they succeed
- How to become a place brand leader
- Insights and lessons from place brand leaders
Other topics might also be possible, please contact Florian.
Montréal (Canada) | Speaks on:
- place branding: global trends and best practices
- Story-based communication and methods of persuasion
- Change management and stakeholder engagement
Buenos Aires (Argentina) | Speaks on country branding, especially in Latin America.
The experience of developing FutureBrand’s Country Brand Index and Country Brand Reports. Real stories of methodologies, results and findings.
Copenhagen (Denmark) | Place branding, nation branding, crisis management, storytelling, media relations, tourism development, economic development, future trends.
Hjörtur offers everything from panel moderation and keynote speeches to masterclasses and up to two-day workshops on place branding, storytelling, crisis management, tourism development and innovation.
Toronto (Canada) | Keynotes, panel moderation and workshops
- Place branding: neighborhoods, cities, regions
- Business Improvement Districts
- Cultural and event marketing
- Community engagement strategies
- Brand strategy and design for complex environments
Barcelona (Spain) | Main speaking topics include:
- Managing the image and reputation of places and destinations
- Cities, city branding and city marketing
- Destination branding, marketing and promotion
- Creating, branding and managing cultural and creative districts and destinations
- The role of cultural and creative industries in place making, place branding and local development
Each talk, seminar or conference is adapted and specifically designed and curated according to the objectives, topics, characteristics and profile of each event and audience.
London (UK) | Anything from inspirational keynotes to day-long workshops on:
- Place identity
- Archetypal nature of places
- Emotional bonds to a place
- Practical insights into the place branding process
Based in Stockholm, Sweden, Pärtel-Peeter Pere offers keynote speeches, panel moderation and workshops.
Pärtel’s areas of expertise include talent attraction, place branding, urban strategies and placemaking, as well as digital transformation.
Antwerp (Belgium) | Speaks on topics such as community reputation, image, brand, (social) media, PR, clichés and stereotypes, cities, countries and regions, identity, universal values, events, tourism, investment promotion, talent attraction, export marketing, economic competitiveness and collaboration, globalisation, strategic and action communication, creativity and innovation, research and measurement, accountability, and sustainable development.
United Kingdom | Has worked as an advisor to the presidents, prime ministers and governments of 55 countries during the last twenty years, helping them to engage more imaginatively and effectively with the international community. He is generally cited as the creator of the ‘nation brand’ concept.
Gives keynotes and workshops on nation brands, the meaning of being a “good country”
Tasmania (Australia) | Speaking topics: how to create a place brand using a central narrative, a “master story,” and how to make it the core of your strategy.
Todd offers keynote addresses, workshops, and seminars on the topic of narrative and using it to create, build, and maintain a unique and powerful place brand.
Edinburgh (Scotland, UK) | Speaking topics:
- Place branding
- Crisis recovery for destinations
- Responsible tourism, including ‘overtourism’
- Destination management planning
- Travel trends
You are planning a conference or workshop and would like us to help you find a suitable speaker? Please contact Florian.
Interested in being featured? Please get in touch for details.