Welcome to the city observatory, virtual research hub monitoring city image, city brands and city reputation.
Economic competitiveness, talent attraction potential, livability and sustainability form part of our city guides: summaries of rankings, studies and indices measuring and monitoring city performance, reputation, brand image and -value.
Latest city guides:
- Tel Aviv City Guide: Economic Performance, Brand Strength, Reputation
- Toronto City Guide: Economic Performance, Brand Strength, Reputation
- Montevideo City Guide: Economic Performance, Brand Strength, Reputation
City guides published so far:
Amsterdam | Auckland | Bangkok | Barcelona | Beijing | Berlin | Buenos Aires | Copenhagen | Hong Kong | Medellín | Melbourne | Mexico City | Montevideo | Moscow | New York | Paris | São Paulo | San Francisco | Seoul | Shanghai | Stockholm | Sydney | Toronto | Vancouver | Vienna
Trend watch: expert interviews
City managers, developers and marketers share their thoughts on latest trends and developments likely to affect the image, reputation and brand(ing) of cities.
Latest interviews with city managers and marketers:
- Interview with Erling Fossen on Oslo, Building City Brand Reputation and Sustainable Urban Development
- How Stockholm Business Region Leads in Talent Attraction: Interview with Anna Gissler
- Interview with Mia Kemppaala, Founder of Polar Bear Pitching in Oulu, Finland
Here a list of all our interviews with city brand professionals
Complementary to our city guides, in our city reports we go beyond data available through rankings and indices and take a closer look at a specific city’s development. We do this through expert interviews with professionals who live in and know the city well.
First city report coming soon