Welcome to the city observatory, virtual research hub monitoring city image, city brands and city reputation.
1. City profiles
Economic competitiveness, talent attraction potential, livability and sustainability form part of our city profiles: summaries of rankings, studies and indices measuring and monitoring city performance, reputation, brand image and -value.
Latest city profiles published:
- Moscow City Performance, Brand Strength and Reputation
- Hong Kong City Performance, Brand Strength and Reputation
- Auckland City Performance, Brand Strength and Reputation
City profiles published so far:
2. Trend watch: expert interviews
City managers, developers and marketers share their thoughts on latest trends and developments likely to affect the image, reputation and brand(ing) of cities.
Latest interviews with city managers and marketers:
- Interview with Eytan Schwartz on Tel Aviv, City Branding and Talent Attraction
- Interview with Marc Thébault on Place Marketing in France: City Branding Practices, Challenges and Trends
- Interview with Chris Brown on the Branding and Marketing of Liverpool City Region
Here a list of all interviews with city leaders published so far.
3. City (brand) image analysis
Expert panel surveys on city (brand) performance. Coming soon
Want to get involved?
Our observatories are supported by a growing team of independent, passionate research assistants and associates around the world. If you’d like to get involved (and benefit from a free subscription in exchange of your research support), please let us know!