In this interview, country brand expert Gustavo Koniszczer shares his experience and thoughts on the development and measurement of country brands in South America. Gustavo Koniszczer is Managing Director of FutureBrand Spanish Latin America, a group of five offices servicing Spanish-speaking countries in the continent. Over the last ten years he has been actively involved in country and destination branding projects in Latin America.
- Why not all countries qualify as brands;
- The FutureBrand Country Brand Index;
- Which are the top five ingredients for a strong, successful country brand;
- To what extent the actions of political and business leaders influence a place brander’s work;
- Which aspects of developing the country brand strategy for Peru (2009-2011) he found the most challenging;
- His favorite place branding book this year.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.