Today, we head to Milano in the North of Italy, where Maria Cristina Paganoni has been researching how new media is used in city branding – with key insights now published in City Branding and New Media by Palgrave Macmillan.
- Why city branding should focus on heritage and transmedia storytelling;
- The role mega-events, like World Expos, play in city branding;
- Why local governments should pay attention to how they build their online identities, and why citizen feedback should be taken seriously;
- How new media can favor emerging forms of ‘participatory and embodied appropriation’ of place;
- Why local creativity should become a central part of the place brand;
- How local municipal governments use new media in their communication agendas.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.