Monocle Magazine’s Quality of Life surveys are legendary – as is the magazine, and not just among hipsters. This year, the London-based publication suggests that Munich, Germany, is world’s most liveable city, followed by Tokyo in Japan.
The Monocle team has created the following video, explaining the reasons behind its choice of the top 25 most liveable cities right now:
We’d love to hear your view on the following:
- Do you agree with the ranking?
- Do you find such liveability rankings useful?
What we’ve noticed is that such studies mostly cater to expats, well-paid international professionals who can afford to live in suburbs with high liveability scores. So, it’s perhaps best to read rankings like the Monocle Quality of Life Survey with interest, but with a healthy dose of scepticism regarding their applicability for the “normal” citizen.
Read more about the survey here.
Latest posts by The Editorial Team (see all)
- Emma Björner on the Importance of Stakeholder Inclusion for Sustainable Tourism and Place Branding - 17 September 2020
- How to Ensure Destination Sustainability and Resilience Post Covid-19? Place Brand Leaders Podcast Episode Two - 15 September 2020
- Sonja Wollkopf Walt on How the Greater Zurich Area Attracts Investors and Talent - 10 September 2020