It is a great pleasure for The Place Brand Observer to travel back to New Zealand for this interview with Andrea Insch, Senior Lecturer at University of Otago in Dunedin. Dr. Insch is expert in place-based marketing and has experience in the topics of country of origin, place brand equity and building place brands. In the interview, she discusses the potentials and problems of green destination branding, and elaborates on New Zealand’s ‘100% Pure’ brand positioning – one of the longest and most successful destination brands.
- New Zealand’s current brand positioning in relation to competitors;
- The challenges and benefits of “green” place brands;
- The strategic components of Brand New Zealand and how The New Zealand Story is taking the country’s brand proposition beyond clean and green;
- Lessons to be learned from research on the role of residents in building city brands;
- How the Place Brand Equity concept facilitates measuring the success of place branding initiatives.
This article is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.