Meet Roger Pride, managing partner of brand consultancy Heavenly in London, UK. Several leading place branding practitioners nominated Roger for our 2015 interviews series, whose impressive professional career has included developing place brand strategies for nations, regions and destinations.
In this interview, Roger tells us about his strongest moments, challenges and sources of inspiration.
- Why place branding must go beyond communication;
- How a successful positioning and brand strategy helps reinforce what makes a place special and appealing;
- Why place branding should influence strategy and development and help improve the way in which people engage with and experience a place;
- The nation branding of Wales – main challenges and achievements;
- Roger’s most memorable moments as marketing director of Visit Wales.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.
Latest posts by The Editorial Team (see all)
- Interview with Nikolaj Lubanski of Copenhagen Capacity on Talent Attraction: Strategies, Trends and Challenges - 27 April 2017
- Business Improvement Districts Explained: What BIDs Mean And Why They Matter - 25 April 2017
- Interview with José Pablo Arango Calle about Country Branding and Colombia - 20 April 2017