Sharing insights and professional expertise is a key objective of our interview series with place branding thinkers, shakers and doers. Sometimes, the stories and experiences of our interviewees exceed our boldest hopes and expectations as editors. It so happened during our interview with Tom Buncle of Yellow Railroad destination branding consultants.
- How the image of a place can lead to competitive advantage;
- Why involving stakeholders from all sectors from the outset is so important;
- What it takes for destination branding to be truly successful;
- How place branding can help destinations in the developing world;
- Which are the greatest challenges for a DMO.
Tom, a few words about your current projects?
I am fortunate to work all over the world, doing something I love, which I hope also leaves a lasting legacy of improved competitiveness for my destination clients. Yellow Railroad specializes in place branding, destination marketing and management, and crisis recovery for destinations.
I also lecture at universities and business schools and speak at international conferences on place branding and global travel trends; and I write for trade journals and academic textbooks on these subjects as well.
You'd like to read the full story? Please log in or (if you are not yet a subscriber) support our work by joining TPBO Premium.