“Focus on the Future” – City Branding of Mississauga in Ontario, Canada. Case study by David Ferreira, Jeannette Hanna and Malcolm Allan on how to develop a city brand strategy.
David Ferreira is the Brand Manager for the City of Mississauga in Ontario, Canada; Jeannette Hanna is the strategy Director for trajectory, a brand strategy and design agency based in Toronto, who led the consulting team that developed the city’s brand strategy; Malcolm Allan is the founder and managing director of Placematters, a UK place brand strategy consultancy, based in London, who provided advice on city branding strategy and practice.
- How Mississauga, Canada’s sixth largest city, is reshaping its image beyond the shadow of nearby Toronto;
- Mississauga’s strategy to attract international talent and investment;
- The lessons from Mississauga’s approach to initiating, creating and implementing a place brand proposition;
- Initial challenges of the city branding initiative and how they were overcome;
- The research phase;
- The implementation – bringing the Mississauga brand alive;
- Key learnings and city brand strategy advice.
This case study is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.
Latest posts by The Editorial Team (see all)
- Public Diplomacy Explained: What it Means and Why it Matters - 19 February 2017
- Interview: Jesper Falkheimer on Place Branding, Media and Strategic Communication - 16 February 2017
- Economic Development Explained: What it Means and Why it Matters - 14 February 2017