Travel with us to Portugal for this week’s expert interview with Joao Freire, Professor in Marketing and Director of the Masters Programme in Marketing Management at IPAM/Universidade Europeia, in Lisbon. Joao is a founding member and belongs to the board of recently formed International Place Branding Association.
- Why branding a place is so much more complex than branding a product or service;
- The top five ingredients for successful place branding;
- Where in the world do you see most interest in place branding research and practice;
- His thoughts on Brand Lisbon;
- How the brand image of Portugal changed over the last ten years;
- Trends in destination marketing;
- The main challenges – and opportunities – for country branding in Africa and the Middle East;
- The top five ingredients necessary for successful place branding.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.
Latest posts by The Editorial Team (see all)
- Interview with Nikolaj Lubanski of Copenhagen Capacity on Talent Attraction: Strategies, Trends and Challenges - 27 April 2017
- Business Improvement Districts Explained: What BIDs Mean And Why They Matter - 25 April 2017
- Interview with José Pablo Arango Calle about Country Branding and Colombia - 20 April 2017