Following the Vienna city destination branding case study and reflections by Bernhard Klein earlier this week, in this interview learn more about the challenges in the life of a city brand director and why Vienna is top of the rank as place to live, work and visit.
- Why destinations are so much more complex than product or corporate brands;
- The most important task of city branding;
- How to measure success of place branding initiatives;
- Sustainability and the related overall ‘Smart City’ theme, and how they have become crucial areas of operation for city authorities;
- Why tourist boards should either closely collaborate or merge with city marketing;
- The main challenges in managing a city brand strategically.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.