Following our interview with Barcelona city branding expert Juan Carlos Belloso some weeks ago, today we travel across the Mediterranean to learn more about place branding ‘in action’ at another ambitious city: Tel Aviv.
Hila Oren is the founder and CEO of Tel Aviv Global, where she oversees and directs a strategic task force in charge of developing and implementing a national project to elevate Tel Aviv’s international positioning as Israel’s Global City and promoting and marketing its city tourism.
- Why you cannot brand a city without playing an active role making the city;
- Why partnerships and coalitions are the key to success in place branding;
- How Tel Aviv achieved its current level of brand awareness and recognition;
- How to deal with country reputation threatening to negatively affect the city brand;
- What it means to be a smart city;
- How Tel Aviv is planning to become one of the world’s 20 leading global cities;
- The best way to measure the success of city branding initiatives.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.
Latest posts by The Editorial Team (see all)
- Interview with Nikolaj Lubanski of Copenhagen Capacity on Talent Attraction: Strategies, Trends and Challenges - 27 April 2017
- Business Improvement Districts Explained: What BIDs Mean And Why They Matter - 25 April 2017
- Interview with José Pablo Arango Calle about Country Branding and Colombia - 20 April 2017