In this interview with Mike Fabricius Managing Director of The Journey Tourism Advisors based in South Africa, we delve into the depths of what place branding and destination marketing really mean. We further discuss examples from his work on place brands and his involvement with destinations in Africa and across the world.
- Why sector-specific brand strategies are often better to gain competitive advantage, rather than generalized brands for cities or nations;
- Which approach the UN World Tourism Association recommends for measuring ROI of destination branding;
- The intertwined relationship between place branding and destination marketing;
- Different approaches to place brand management;
- Different types of partnerships for place marketing and branding.
This interview is part of our premium content, available to subscribers only. To subscribe, please click on the blue button below. Already purchased Premium access but not seeing the whole article? Simply click on the “Already Purchased” link and sign in with your Tinypass username and password. You should only have to do this once for each computer you are using. More answers to frequent questions here.