The country branding strategy of Peru is widely regarded as one of the most successful in Latin America. In this interview, Mara Seminario – the “mother of country Brand Peru” – reflects on the process of putting Peru on the world map as a tourist destination. Learn how Lima became the region’s culinary capital and a popular destination for city breaks, and how focusing on “experience marketing” has benefited Brand Peru.
- Which strategies Mara Seminario implemented as Director of PromPerú and Vice Minister of Tourism;
- How Lima turned from a city without tourists to being considered the best gastronomic city destination in Latin America;
- What “experience marketing” means, and how it was implemented for Brand Peru;
- How Peru solved the perennial problem of insufficient funds for place branding and tourism promotion activities;
- The main trends and challenges with regard to country and destination branding in Peru and Latin America;
- Recommendations on how to measure destination branding success.