Christof Biggeleben in this interview talks about city brands, history, country branding, sports events and the image of Germany, Bavaria and Berlin.
- How place brand campaigns are intense, full of adrenaline, and also an intellectual challenge;
- Why place branding is always campaigning;
- Why good storytelling is key for place branding;
- How politicians influence place branding work;
- The impact of major events, such as a World Cup, on nation branding;
- Which place branding campaigns he is most proud of;
- Germany's current place brand and international image.
Christof, what brought you to place branding?
Place- or nation brand campaigns are the most exciting tasks that you can have in an agency. Place brand campaigns are intense, full of adrenaline, and also an intellectual challenge: how to describe a country - in three words? It is simply fascinating to have the opportunity to change the image of an entire country or region through communication.
For me, place branding is the premier league of communication.
Oops, it looks like you don't have access to the full story. To continue reading, please log in (if you already subscribed) or join the community by purchasing one of our subscription plans!