In this interview with aviation executive Gregory Pomerantsev, learn about the role of place branding in commercial aviation and travel, how airports are becoming destinations in their own right, and to what extent country-of-origin matters for the decision where to open new routes. Gregory Pomerantsev also shares his thoughts on the country brand(ing) of Belarus, the Baltics, and Scandinavia.
- The role of place branding in aviation and travel;
- The massive destination branding opportunities offered by airports and hubs;
- How airBaltic gave prominence to the Baltic states in Eastern Europe;
- The importance of city brands for the decision of airlines to open new routes;
- Good practice examples of smart cooperation between place brand stakeholders;
- How destination marketing differs from destination branding;
- Country branding advice for Belarus;
- How the country-of-origin effect influences the aviation business.