Place brand management: what to control, and how to initiate place brand action planning?
A few key takeaways:
- Brand management is not controlled by a single entity but by a group of stakeholders.
- It is essential to set a standard style and tone of communication in brand messaging when ideas or suggestions pour in from different entities.
- Communicate the rhythm/pulse of the place in its truest sense with a holistic approach utilizing city infrastructure, influencers. Engage with nonprofits like chambers of commerce, universities, etc, and players from the private sector.
- One central team should act as the focal point to keep a tab on the process of brand management, disperse information, monitor success rate, and provide the necessary training and tools for a successful brand campaign.
- Brand managers should not just rely on advertising, public relations, sales, and online marketing but seek other channels to creatively communicate the idea of a place.
- After a successful plan is in place, the next crucial step is the implementation. Prioritizing brand objectives, raising funds, and keeping track of the progress is the next challenge.
- Brand managers should focus on the natural strengths of the place and its human resources instead of trying to include every element of the place.
Benefit from full access to this article, discounts and more by upgrading to TPBO Premium. Already subscribed? Please log in below. Not yet part of the community? Sign up here